Tennis

Novak Djokovic Flash Header

Custom Search

Feb 7, 2012

Djokovic wins Laureus Sportsman of the Year award!

    Novak wins Laureus Sportsman of the Year award! Nole won the Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award on Monday at a ceremony in London.
Laureus World Sports Awards are given annually since 2000 to sportspeople who have been outstanding during the previous year.
   At the Ceremony, staged in the heart of London at Central Hall, Westminster, the world’s best player, winner of 10 titles last year and reigning Australian Open champion, has won the top honour seeing off competition including stars like Lionel Messi, Usain Bolt, Dirk Nowicki and others.

 
2011 Laureus World Sports Awards Winners
Sportsman of the Year: Novak Djokovic
Sportswoman of the Year: Vivian Cheruiyot
Team of the Year: FC Barcelona
Breakthrough of the Year: Rory McIlroy
Comeback of the Year: Darren Clarke
Sportsperson of the Year with a Disability: Oscar Pistorius
Action Sportsperson of the Year: Kelly Slater
Lifetime Achievement Award: Bobby Charlton
Sports for Good Award: Raí Souza


" Thank you for this great award.
   I am beyond words to describe how i feel tonight. Just to be in the same room with the world’s greatest athletes, whom I will allow myself to call “LEGENDS of the sport“ is a great honor and privilege.
   Well, then, you can imagine how honored I feel right now to be entitled to hold this award, and to be called the World’s sportsman of the year. This award means a lot to me, my team, my family, and my fans around the world.
  I will use this opportunity to thank the Laureus Foundation for doing a great job around the world. Sport is indeed an inspiration and motivation to many of us, the language we all understand and love.
   I hope that my example can send a powerful message to all the kids around the world. I was also a kid who grew up in a poor country, torn apart with war, kid who dared to dream about becoming the world’s best athlete. And yet, I stand here in front of you tonight, with this special and dear award, and hope that each kid dares to dream, and choses this path that I chose. Sport is something that every society should nurture, and this is what Laureus stands for. I will make sure on my side that the message is conveyed and that sport stays as pure as it is today.
   Thank you for considering me for this award, and for honoring me to take it home with me tonight. "

 SOURCE: Novak Djokovic Official WebSite, NoleOFFICIAL2012 and thabesttrailers. Thnaks to All!
                               (read more)
tennis machine, tennis balls, tennis raquet, tennis camp, tennis equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your comments and suggestions at the bottom of the page

navigation

tennis equipment

Stats